Note by Harold Marcuse: I chanced upon this 7-page mimeographed sermon about One-Dimensional Man on the website of a used bookstore in Washington state. Curiosity and lack of availability in libraries led me to purchase and scan it.
Who was John Ruskin Clark? (Probably no relation to the writer John Ruskin, who lived 1819-1900, although obviously a namesake.) Born in 1911, he was Unitarian pastor in San Diego who also wrote/published (from WorldCat):
- William Bentley and his place in the development of Unitarian theology (Thesis [B.D.] Chicago, 1940, 1971), Meadville Theological School, Dept. of Theology, 101 leaves
- The great living system:
new answers from the sciences to old religious questions (Pacific Grove, CA: Boxwood Press, 1977), 290 p.
- Criteria for responsible social and political action,:
by UU churches and fellowships and by the UUA ; a report of the UU Advance Conference on Social Action, San Francisco, April 1-2, 1977 (Walkerton, IN: Unitarian Universalist Advance, Donald B. King [distributor], 1977), 16 p.
- Channing's realm of the spirit (San Diego: First Unitarian Church of San Diego, 1980), 6 folded pages
- Unitarian Universalist views of science & religion (Boston: Unitarian Universalist Association, 1982), 12 p.: ill
- Republished in a revised edition with the new subtitle: The religion emerging from the sciences (Boston: Skinner, 1984).
- Joseph Priestley, a comet in the system: Biography (San Diego, Calif.: Torch Publications, 1990), 253 p., 6 p. of plates
- Dialogue on an history of enlightened ideas:
an adult program (Boston : Unitarian Universalist Association, 1991), 12 p.
Clicking on the scans below brings up a higher-resolution page-size image for better printing.